Ways To Make Money In 2012
There are tons of ways to make money in 2012 and beyond. In fact, keep reading and I will share something I found on 101 ways to make more money. Legal money :)
Fortunately, I have not had to work a 9 to 5 for many years because whenever I had a passionate idea about a project I made money with it. Sometimes I made great money and sometimes I made lunch money. Here are 5 ways I have made money and avoided working a 9 to 5 for so many years.
1. Salsa Dancing - Yes I am white and I made a full career of salsa dancing making tons of money. It all started with taking a class and the rest was passion that bordered obsession. Click Jai Catalano to see me in action.
2. Photography - I started training as a photographer (headshots) 4 years ago and 2011 proved to be my best year to date. My Canon 7D and I haven't been able to call it a full time career yet but it has been a great side business. Click Headshots NYC to check out my slideshow.
3. ESPN Commentator - Don't ask me how I got that job. Ok ask me? I went to the NY Salsa Congress and told the producer (Rob Beiner) that I would be the best lead commentator for his show (World Salsa Championships). Ironically, I had no idea what I was saying. 2 weeks later he called and said yes which made me realize I had to take my head out of my you know what and put my commentating where my mouth was. Click World Salsa Championships to hear me in action.
4. Real Estate - Actually landlording. Is that a word? I have been a landlord, either renting out a room or my house for nearly 20 years. When all is good being a landlord is a great and easy way to make money. However, when it is bad you just want to turn off their hot water :).
5. Blogging - Honestly I haven't made a lot of money blogging yet but I hope with hard work, new connections and the Yakezie Challenge that will one day change. Check out the Yakezie Challenge if you ever thought to start blogging.
Want to find 101 ways to make more money? After joining the Yakezie Challenge I came acros a blogger named Derek Sall, who has a free ebook that you can download from his site. Yes it is free and a very fun and easy read. Yes I read the ebook even though I have 2 kids and a wife who demand all of my time and attention. And, I have to tell you that 75 out of the 101 ways to make more money I could actually see myself doing. Please check him out at www.lifeandmyfinances.com and tell him Jai sent you.
12/31/2011 09:09:39 pm
I was fascinated by the Salsa dancing! Love your photography too!!
12/31/2011 10:39:01 pm
Thank you. I can't believe that was so many moons ago. Thank God for having a second love because I love doing the photography. Happy New Year to you too.
1/1/2012 02:34:41 am
Jai, welcome to the challenge....looks like you've got a pretty diverse background! I did a little salsa dancing in college (basic lessons only) and had a blast.....even though I'm quite possibly the worst dancer ever. Philly used to have a fantastic live salsa club called the 5-Spot which was one of my favorite places.....back pre-kids when I used to actually go out :).
1/1/2012 02:54:06 am
Thank you. I used to perform in Philly from time to time. I remember some scary looking places with some beauty all mixed in. Kids are the reason I ultimately left at the end of last year. Speaking of last year Happy New Year.
1/3/2012 08:19:51 pm
Watched that youtube video. you are very talented I must say. Creativity is on your blood. keep up the good work.
1/3/2012 09:47:12 pm
Thank you. I really enjoy what I do and from your response I think you see that. Thanks for the best compliment.
7/6/2022 09:20:04 am
Helloo mate great blog
Leave a Reply.
There are 3 things I can't change... my 2 kids, my 1 wife and my 0 rights.