1. A bald headed sensei from a competing school came up to me and asked, "can you take a photo of me and make my face look pretty?" Shocked by his question I said, "No but I can put hair on your head." Thank God he laughed. :)
2. After returning from the bathroom, Curtis said to me, "hey Jai this guy wants a discount." I am not afraid of giving discounts for various reasons so I ask him, "how many people does he want to shoot?" After a long pause Curtis says, "just 1 but he wants a discount because he came from Rohde Island."
3. Knowing a second language gives me an ability to realize my linguistic and intelectual limitations. However, if I were to ever go to another country and print out business cards I would implore a native speaker to make sure my business card read, "a winner always finds a way" and not "A winner always find away." At least he didn't write wiener.
4. Karate is a great skill to learn discipline, self defense, and respect. Quite frankly it was a bit tough for me to watch little kids fighting. However I don't think this one parent feels the same way I do after I said to her, "your daughter's smile looks nice in this photo should I print it?" After several seconds she shakes her head and yells over at her 8 year old, "stop smiling and look mean."
5. There are millions of photographers in this world and I am ok with that. In fact I network with a few photographers because I respect them so it should be no shock that I keep an eye open to further build my network. However, when a photographer hands me a business card that says "Free Lance Photografht" I draw the line.
Curtis I told you I bog about our fun.
There are 3 things I can't change... my 2 kids, my 1 wife and my 0 rights.