1. A bald headed sensei from a competing school came up to me and asked, "can you take a photo of me and make my face look pretty?" Shocked by his question I said, "No but I can put hair on your head." Thank God he laughed. :)
2. After returning from the bathroom, Curtis said to me, "hey Jai this guy wants a discount." I am not afraid of giving discounts for various reasons so I ask him, "how many people does he want to shoot?" After a long pause Curtis says, "just 1 but he wants a discount because he came from Rohde Island."
3. Knowing a second language gives me an ability to realize my linguistic and intelectual limitations. However, if I were to ever go to another country and print out business cards I would implore a native speaker to make sure my business card read, "a winner always finds a way" and not "A winner always find away." At least he didn't write wiener.
4. Karate is a great skill to learn discipline, self defense, and respect. Quite frankly it was a bit tough for me to watch little kids fighting. However I don't think this one parent feels the same way I do after I said to her, "your daughter's smile looks nice in this photo should I print it?" After several seconds she shakes her head and yells over at her 8 year old, "stop smiling and look mean."
5. There are millions of photographers in this world and I am ok with that. In fact I network with a few photographers because I respect them so it should be no shock that I keep an eye open to further build my network. However, when a photographer hands me a business card that says "Free Lance Photografht" I draw the line.
Curtis I told you I bog about our fun.
3/5/2012 04:41:57 am
Haha sounds like an amusing day at work Jai. You really seem like you have an enjoyable career. So when do you tell us about the boring days?
3/5/2012 10:06:40 am
I love what I do. I truly am. I will make sure to add in a boring day. I promise. :)
3/5/2012 09:29:52 am
How do you do it, Jai. I come to your blog and feel tired and fed up. Start reading and the frown turns into a smile, the smile into a giggle. Thank you for this, my friend; and please don't stop!
3/5/2012 10:07:40 am
Thank you Maria. That was a very nice thing to day. If I can turn 1 persons frown to a smile I have done my job. Mission accomplished. :)
3/5/2012 11:42:33 am
you have a great sense of humor jai, but i want to know--did you give him the discount? :P
3/5/2012 12:20:07 pm
No I said we only give discounts going west or south. Nothing up north. :)
3/5/2012 01:57:59 pm
unbelievable magazine cover.
3/5/2012 10:26:40 pm
3/5/2012 05:01:53 pm
Nice photo Jai, the grimace alone should be enough to scare your opponents into submission!
3/5/2012 10:27:23 pm
I am not a great speller but I would NEVER print a card without asking if I knew my spelling sucked. :)
3/6/2012 12:59:35 am
People never cease to amuse and surprise. I feel sorry for that little girl!
3/6/2012 01:55:08 am
Kay Lynn I actually agree with you. I felt she really loved her daughter but she was too young to get the joke.
3/6/2012 01:28:31 am
Had a great time with you at this event, even though you are not from Rhode Island.LOL
3/6/2012 01:55:37 am
I did too buddy. Let's attack the next ones. We will chat later.
3/8/2012 08:28:08 pm
I'm so glad i found your blog Jai, you always give me a good laugh whenever i read!
3/8/2012 10:36:54 pm
It made me sad when she said it. I think she was trying to be loving to her daughter but I don't think she understood what the picture was.
10/9/2012 04:39:56 pm
Hahahaha Oh my goodness Jai could you be any more funnier. I mean this is one of the most hilarious posts that I have read from you.And yes I do feel sad for the little girl. I mean why would her mother want her to look mean.
Leave a Reply.
There are 3 things I can't change... my 2 kids, my 1 wife and my 0 rights.