Here are 5 wonderful things that have happened to me as a result of blogging.
1. Yakezie Challenge - I joined the Yakezie Challenge after reading an article by PTMoney called How To Make $10,000... Blogging. The article lead me to the blog in topic which then directed me to Yakezie. I joined the challenge on December 27th 2011 and have made a lot of internet friends, opened up a small business and made much more money.
2. Logo Design - I started a small logo design business that developed from the internet friendship I have made during my Yakezie challenge. I just started doing them a couple of months ago but today I have 7 logos completed and just finished a website for a client of mine. Website design too??? Let's see. One thing at a time. :)
3. Front Page Of Google - If you Google how to become a good salsa dancer, Insanity before and after, wedding photography scam, I am so tired jokes, and many many more topics you will find that I rank in one of the top 10 spots on the front page of Google. Not bad for someone who is only doing this a year.
4. Going Viral - I credit blogging for going viral on my Doritos Crash The Superbowl video. Why? Because I must have blogged about it 50 times in 6 months that it just caught on. In fact if you google Doritos Crash The Superbowl I pop up on the front page in both the search and video section.
5. Bottom Line - I have made some good money blogging. In fact, my Headshot NYC photography business has grown, my before and after photoshop services bring in some dough, my logo design business has taken off, my adsense has increased 1000 fold this year, and I have learned how to budget my money as well as make more money all because of the personal finance blogs on Yakezie.
Well, happy anniversary to me again. Tonight I celebrate. But for now I will continue to blog. For how long? I don't quite know yet. I still have some things to say. I do want to make it clear though. Along with the great successes come some not so great moments. It's not all fun and games growing your own brand from your home. Blogging is challenging and a gamble. For now though I will continue to do it until my next great financial adventure.
PS. Want to see my
TIme Lapse - Sittin On Tha Toilet
5/24/2012 06:29:24 am
Happy birthday to your blog Jai! That's awesome that you've accomplished all that in your first year. Blogging is a ton of work and takes a lot of dedication to stick with it. To last this long really shows how much passion you have for it all. Keep up the great work!
5/24/2012 08:07:57 am
Thank you MM... I appreciate the love and support.
5/24/2012 10:37:55 am
Happy anniversary, Jai. Many more to follow! Let your computer over-flow with designs; YouTube with viral videos and your bank balance...well, you know! And keep looking after these lovely kids of yours.
5/24/2012 11:58:53 am
Thanks so much Maria. I truly wish the same for you and John.
5/24/2012 01:25:51 pm
Congrats on making it to a year! I hope I can do the same. I agree that Yakezie is pretty awesome! Best wishes for the next year.
5/24/2012 03:19:32 pm
Thank you Lance. Best to you too.
5/24/2012 05:11:20 pm
Big congrats on your 1 year anniversary Jai! If you accomplished all that in your first year imagine what the future holds for you?
5/24/2012 11:30:58 pm
Good point Paul. I sometimes have to remind myself. Hence the blog.
5/24/2012 11:31:58 pm
That truly was one of the coolest things I have read in a while. Thank you so much.
5/25/2012 05:06:52 am
Thanks Doc. I truly appreciate it.
5/25/2012 07:10:00 am
Congrats Jai! You had yourself quite a year. You are a dynamo and a new media mogul! Not sure how you maintain your level of energy. Continued success!
5/25/2012 07:35:31 am
Thanks Buck. I don't quite know either. It's definitely changing and moving into a more specific goal which will lessen the extra workload.
5/27/2012 02:22:43 am
Well done on your first year! That is a tidy list of achievements and it sounds like it is only going to grow. Best of luck for the next 12 months.
5/27/2012 12:09:21 pm
Thank you. :)
5/28/2012 04:21:48 pm
Thanks Shilpan. I am happy to have inspired you.
5/28/2012 05:42:04 pm
Congrats on your wonderful year. You have lots of successes during the year and I'm certain this is just the beginning. I liked the sincere tone of this post! You're doing great!
5/28/2012 11:29:55 pm
Thank you Barbara. I am glad you feel the sincerity.
5/29/2012 02:13:18 am
Jackie you are never too late. Thanks for stopping by with some love.
Newlyweds on a Budget
5/29/2012 05:54:09 am
congrats on your first year!!
6/3/2012 08:40:25 am
Sorry, I'm a bit late, but I wish you a Belated Happy Blog Birthday!
6/3/2012 03:03:07 pm
It's never too late. thank you.
Leave a Reply.
There are 3 things I can't change... my 2 kids, my 1 wife and my 0 rights.