Big Party (In Your House)
Let's celebrate. The Secure Denture Adhesive commercial is DONE. If you didn't already know I have been doing these short videos since the summer of 2008 and it never gets easier. It really doesn't.
You can check out the very first one I did called (Lead Me Bitch Stick) of you can check out my youtube channel with many many more videos that I completed.
It might look like a lot of fun and games but it's fun and games with challenging all over it. Here are some of the few problems I ran into while writing, hiring, lighting, sounding, filming, & editing the Secure Denture Adhesive commercial.
1. Prior to getting asked to do this I knew absolutely nothing about denture cream. Ok I knew it was mouth glue but that is it.
2. I only write videos that are funny to me and I couldn't think of 1 thing that was funny about denture cream. Ok I found 1.
3. Hiring the actors was a BITCH. I posted a few ads for caucasian actors in their 60's. Immediately 3 people responded. A 21 y.o. model who told me she would be perfect for the commercial. An Asian man who looked like William Hung. And my favorite... An African American guy that sent me a picture of his abs.
4. Filming this in my house was done around the time my entire family was out of the house. However prior to filming, I set up 4 different times to test out the look. I rearranged the furniture, set up the lights & sound, and filmed myself before settling on what I wanted.
5. My male actor, who couldn't stop sweating, had a difficult time getting in and out of bed plus he was sweating profusely so I rewrote the opening and kept him there the entire shoot.
6. I had to film myself doing my scene after my actors left. My brother was away that weekend and my friend who was coming to help me canceled. Thank God I know some tricks.
7. After my senior actors left I watched all the hard work of the day only to learn that 2 takes of my female's perspective was without sound leaving me only 1.
Well if that isn't enough headache for one video ask me about the other 39 that I have filmed in the past. Man do I have stories.
And now the Secure Denture Adhesive commercial.
Headshots NYC - NYC Headshot Photographer - Union Square
10/14/2011 04:13:53 am
Leave a Reply.
There are 3 things I can't change... my 2 kids, my 1 wife and my 0 rights.