I want to take a few moments to thank all of you who have read, commented and kept up with my fun and crazy blog. Blogging can be a lonely road but you make it all worth it. Plus it doesn't hurt to get paid from Google Adsense from time to time. In any event, here are some of my best moments that happened to me in 2011.
10. Doubling my adsense from 2010. Hold on to your seats. I made a whopping $331 in 2011 from ads. Hey last year I made a little more than $100 so not a bad jump in coffee money over the last 12 months.
9. Photographed the Zeta Tau Alpa initiation group photo. This was the 1st year that this 113 year old sorority joined forces with NYU and yours truly was the photographer. Don't tell my wife it's an all girls sorority.
8. Guest starred in the web-series Sound Advice with J Teddy Garces. This off the wall web-series will be making an appearance at a computer near you soon.
7. Placed 2nd for photo of the week by the Digital Photography School. The theme was fatherhood. Once you see the photo you will see why my tired ass was top 3 of over 70,000 subscribers.
6. Wrote, produced and acted in the film Perfect Excuses. Andre Hereford was the director and Melanie Torres was my co-star. The film will be submitted to several festivals in 2012 without any excuses no matter how perfect they are.
5. Finished The Challenge by Ed Dale. I was able to build a test site called Family Weekend Breaks and increase my Alexa ranking with my personal site www.jaicatalano.com. I am no Maurice Cox from Social Hype but I am pushing the competition over even if they are pushing me back.
4. Photographed Antony Bugg-Levine & Jed Emerson for their book Impact Investing. The book was published and is currently in stores and online now... and guess what??? My photos are on Amazon baby. Ok I am done bragging.
3. Filmed, directed, edited and submitted my Doritos Crash The Super Bowl 2012 video for a chance to win a million dollars and work with the Lonely Island Boys. My brother helped me film it and Vivian didn't yell at me for kicking them all out while I forced my kids to be in the video.
2. Won 1st place and $1000 for the web commercial I created for Secure Denture Adhesive. If my teeth fall out I know where to turn to.
and my number one best moment of 2012...
1. The birth of my daughter. I can't say watching it was the best moment but she definitely wins.
There are 3 things I can't change... my 2 kids, my 1 wife and my 0 rights.