Mothers are, without a doubt, the unsung heroes. From the moment you are born until death do you part, mom will be there for you. She never stops worrying about you no matter how old you get and she will sacrifice anything in her life just to see you happy and safe. Unfortunately, time and time again all her efforts go unnoticed or unacknowledged. However, this mother's day let me remind you about someone who never forgot about... well... YOU!
- Mom gave birth to you. Just knowing this should be enough reason to make Mother's Day a national holiday but after watching my wife give birth to both of my kids I realize pulling a watermelon out of a nostril can't compare to Santa squeezing through a chimney.
- Mom always knew what you needed at the right moment. From chicken soup to a kiss on the forehead, mom sensed the things that nobody else sensed and it always came with lots of ice cream.
- Mom washed your clothes, ironed your clothes, sewed your clothes, folded your clothes, changed your clothes, picked up your clothes from the floor and when your clothes didn't fit anymore she handed your clothes down to someone who was in need of your clothes.
- Mom always had 2 shoulders ready for you to cry on whenever you needed. She listened to you, hugged you, kissed you, and stayed up all night with you. Moms are ready for your tears 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year. No one else is.
- Mom made a lot of food for you day in and day out while you were growing up. Just think of the countless dishes she prepared for you, the tasty lunchboxes she fixed for you, the cakes she baked, the snacks, the cups of juice and delicious suppers.
- Mom was always there to cheer you on and support you through your endeavors. She is the person you can depend upon to stand by you anytime you need her. Ever needed a cheering section? Mom was there with her vocal chords already warmed up.
- Mom gives a lot of love. Some people say too much love but if you think about all the stuff she had to go through to make sure you were happy, safe and well fed every single day while you were growing up, than you would be able to understand that her love can't even be measured. It can only be felt.
And that is what makes Mother's Day the number one holiday.
On that note... Thank you mom. I love you.
Take a look at the father son talk about mother's day I filmed 2 years ago.