My daughter hates me taking pictures of her and she is only 9 months old. How do I know she hates me? She screams at me and then turns her head. However, yesterday I picked up my Canon 7D and said to her who loves you more than daddy?
Then I started to think...
Yes blonde people think too just not as fast as other people do.
...I started this blog because of her (and my son) and have had some great moments writing for those that read. Here are my 10 favorite blog posts of 2011.
10. Anjali & Jai Day 1 -The day I started the blog.9. Jaxon wins - Daddy & Anjali lose - My wife dissed my daughter and me so I wrote in the voice of a Newscaster to express my point. 8. You need to F***ing SHARE - I have been told I am selfish from the family.7. Mother FOCA - A story of the day my son learned the word FOCA.6. Crime Stoppers - Thank God I didn't get arrested from my son's screaming. 5. Doctor points me in the wrong direction - Bad doctor experience.4. Colombiana - Colombian woman + attitude means one thing. 3. New Broadway Play - My son's new play called NO NO NO. 2. Occupy Sesame Street - A little fun on Occupy Wall Street.1. Doritos - Crash The Super Bowl 2012 - My 2012 video submission for the Super bowl. Until 2012Jai
10 Best Jai Moments Of 2011
I want to take a few moments to thank all of you who have read, commented and kept up with my fun and crazy blog. Blogging can be a lonely road but you make it all worth it. Plus it doesn't hurt to get paid from Google Adsense from time to time. In any event, here are some of my best moments that happened to me in 2011.
10. Doubling my adsense from 2010. Hold on to your seats. I made a whopping $331 in 2011 from ads. Hey last year I made a little more than $100 so not a bad jump in coffee money over the last 12 months.9. Photographed the Zeta Tau Alpa initiation group photo. This was the 1st year that this 113 year old sorority joined forces with NYU and yours truly was the photographer. Don't tell my wife it's an all girls sorority. 8. Guest starred in the web-series Sound Advice with J Teddy Garces. This off the wall web-series will be making an appearance at a computer near you soon. 7. Placed 2nd for photo of the week by the Digital Photography School. The theme was fatherhood. Once you see the photo you will see why my tired ass was top 3 of over 70,000 subscribers. 6. Wrote, produced and acted in the film Perfect Excuses. Andre Hereford was the director and Melanie Torres was my co-star. The film will be submitted to several festivals in 2012 without any excuses no matter how perfect they are. 5. Finished The Challenge by Ed Dale. I was able to build a test site called Family Weekend Breaks and increase my Alexa ranking with my personal site www.jaicatalano.com. I am no Maurice Cox from Social Hype but I am pushing the competition over even if they are pushing me back. 4. Photographed Antony Bugg-Levine & Jed Emerson for their book Impact Investing. The book was published and is currently in stores and online now... and guess what??? My photos are on Amazon baby. Ok I am done bragging. 3. Filmed, directed, edited and submitted my Doritos Crash The Super Bowl 2012 video for a chance to win a million dollars and work with the Lonely Island Boys. My brother helped me film it and Vivian didn't yell at me for kicking them all out while I forced my kids to be in the video. 2. Won 1st place and $1000 for the web commercial I created for Secure Denture Adhesive. If my teeth fall out I know where to turn to. and my number one best moment of 2012...1. The birth of my daughter. I can't say watching it was the best moment but she definitely wins. Until Tomorrow.Jai
On the way home last night my wife said let's take down the tree tomorrow. Wow... Is it all over? Every year it goes faster and faster but I guess that's what happens when you turn 21, 25, 29,... older. Anyway, I realized that times have changed and there are some things I will never buy my kids for Christmas. Below are the 6 Gifts My Kids Will Never Get For Christmas.
6. A typewriter5. A house phone4. VHS3. A film camera2. A walkman1. EncyclopediaNotice how there are 6 and I said there were 5. Man I am blonde...and just as a bonus... because of technology my kids might never get another book. Imagine that.Until tomorrow.Jai(headshots nyc)
Click To Enlarge Photo
My wife said yesterday's blog sounded angry. I was far from angry. I was just having a George Carlin moment with the word "think". If you don't know what I mean you can read it here but before you do please read it with a smile on your face and a bit of laughter in your heart. BULLSH*T-It's Not The Thought That Counts
.And now... What we have all been waiting for. 10 Dirty Christmas Phrases that were meant to be clean.
10. You are right honey. It's a lot bigger than last year.
9. Those are some big balls.
8. Do you think Santa will come?
7. I wonder what's in Santa's sac.
6. I'll lift the skirt and you put it in.
5. I'll get on the ladder and you give it to me gently.
4. I usually suck the end first to make it pointy.
3. I can't tell if they are fake or real.
2. I love dark meat but I only eat white.
And the No.1 Dirty Christmas Phrase that was meant to be clean:
1. To get it to stand up straight, grip it with both hands.